Empty Elizabeth

In front of something, yet still behind...

Friday, September 30, 2005

Anatomy & Physiology

My medication somehow makes it hard for me to fall asleep at night. My husband, on the other hand, falls asleep mid-conversation... after complaining for a while about how he should have been in bed 2 hours ago. He needs his beauty rest, you know *wink*.
While is was lying there, flipping over and over and over, I came up with all these great things to blog about. I was composing them in my head. I'm very eloquent while I lie awake at night. But alas, now it is evening the next day and I have hardly a memory of what the heck I was thinking about!

Lucky for me (and anyone else who happens to be reading this), I thought of another idea when I got to work earlier: Grey's Anatomy. I think it's the single best new show (well, second season now) on tv. I like the characters. Ellen Pompeo is great as Meredith Grey: she's pretty in the interesting kind of way, great facial expressions, her voice that's ever so slightly grating, a little gruff, but easy to listen to. Sandra Oh is hilarious and rude as Christina Yang; it broke my heart last week when she was finally ready to tell Dr. Burke (Isaiah Washington) about the baby and he just flat out dumped her. So sad! And of course, Patrick Dempsey. As Derek Shepherd, he is tough and soft all at the same time. Easy on the eyes, too. Before I get into that, my husband likes this show, too. The opening theme song is catchy and different and we love the way it transitions between pictures of intimate momments and doctor momments. The stories are great, covering an extensive array of emotions. I like how each show has a theme and Meredith narrates at the beginning and end.
Back to Patrick Dempsey... it's the HAIR. I love the hair. It doesn't hurt that he's ruggedly handsome, with clear blue eyes that twinkle mischeviously. The hair! Longish and styled to look like it's not styled. Perfect hair if you're a doctor who could be up for many hours at a time and might have to leap out of bed to answer and emergency page, or course. The hair does it for me!

Shhhh! Don't tell my husband! He might look even better with hair like that...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool blogsite. If you have time check out our blog about Hummers and Humvees. See it at Hummers Blog.

17:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home