Empty Elizabeth

In front of something, yet still behind...

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Status Symbols

I like to think my kids will be unpretentious. That they will be proud of who they are and who their family is, regardless of what kind of car I drive (a Kia minivan, no less) or whether or not I bought SE tiny Nikes when he was 2 months old. When they see old pictures, I hope they remember how much fun they had, how much they loved that toy, or "gee, my mom used to be so pretty, what happened?". I agree with SJ, who says all of this and more, much more sarcastically.
My stroller is a Graco for two. I got a pattern I like. I've seen other people with it. That doesn't make me want to go out and one of those other strollers that are going to cost me 400$. There are other things that cost an arm and a leg that you don't need, or could buy for a lot less. I won't get started in on these things, but I'm sure most of you know what they are. Strollers, baby carriers, car seats... no parent is exempt from the bombardment. All I can say is : try to resist! All your baby needs is a safe home, nourishment, and lots of LOVE.

....
On a related note: I recently won a
Peanut Shell courtesy of Celebrity Baby Blog. Nice and cozy, easy to use (no metal rings, straps or zippers), and well under 80$. I think I might buy another one soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

They are young, and when they get older their views will change. My kids did the same as they got older but now they don't. I just tell them they don't want to be seen in our car. Get your own. LOL!

19:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home