Empty Elizabeth

In front of something, yet still behind...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Click for a Cure

Many people may know that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Many people have had their lives touched by breast cancer. It may be you who is the fighter. It may be someone close to you, friend or relative. It may be further removed than that, friend-of-a-friend. It may be someone famous, like Deanna Favre, who has used their own fight with breast cancer to bring awareness.
For myself, it was my sister's godmother. She was a longtime friend of my mom's. I remember going to visit her when her kids were small. She survived breast cancer once and went into remission for many years. Last year it came back and she didn't beat it that time. Her kids are now in high school. I wish I had a picture to show, but I cannot find one. But I remember her in my heart, and so does everyone else whom she touched.

In leiu of a studious research paper, I have found some great links for you to check out:
Check out the shop
for 1 cent shipping and to donate 1% of a mammogram per item purchased!

The best medical information about breast cancer

Research makes all the difference

New research on adding MRIs to the breast cancer detection arsenal.

Currently, there are 62 new drugs in the pipeline for treating breast cancer.
Feel free to leave comments about how breast cancer has touched
your lives... and enter in the names of your
loved ones.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

We just lost someone several weeks ago to Breast Cancer. We do the walks for the Cancer and pledge as well.

19:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home