Empty Elizabeth

In front of something, yet still behind...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Tote for All Seasons

You've seen them at Target... right now, there are orange and black ones. At Christmas, they are appropriately red and green. The rest of the year, they are shades of blue or clear or white. For children, there are primary-colored ones and pink/purple ones. Most of ours are blue and gray. Do they need to be color-coded for the seasons? Or for the user? And, for the love of all that is good and holy: do we need so many of them?!

While I was on my way out the door to go to work, my husband (T) informed me that his brother was driving up from the Chicago-area this evening. OK?

"To bring those totes up."

"OK," I guess he'll be staying the night.

"And then he's driving back tonight."

"OK," with an eye roll.

I do not understand what is up with all the rough totes(R) that we have and/or need. I agree that a few are useful for keeping things in the basement packed up and dry, or to store my maternity clothes. But I don't think we need well over 20. Now we're getting some more, which the BIL bought and used for moving and now has no space whatsoever to put them. If I had my way, they'd have to return them. I don't want my house to be the rent-free storage facility for things that other people don't have space for!

The ultimatum: If T starts using these "stored" totes for things, out they go! Back to whence they came from, or the trash. Seriously!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home