Empty Elizabeth

In front of something, yet still behind...

Thursday, December 15, 2005

"I Feel A ~Quilt~ Coming On!"

Hey, I have tons of old jeans! This is going to be a cool quilt.

Little may you know, I like to sew. So far, in my short quilting career, I've completed one quilt and started 3 more.

The first was a wedding gift for my sister-in-law. I was furiously trying to finish after SM

was born, while my mother-in-law was at our house helping out. The second one, I'm in the middle of hand-quilting the entire thing - this could be a futile project, but I've already started, so there's no turning back. The third I have all the fabric for and one row completed. This one takes a little time, since all the pieces are cut and sewn together as you go. But I do have all the fabric for that one, so there are no worries of any of the patterns being discontinued!
The fourth I started very recently. It is a stack 'n' wack.

My mom and I took a class at a quilt shop in Oakfield. I completed 3 blocks. The rest of the blocks are all cut, they just need to be pieced. I also purchased the fabric for the rest of the quilt (again with the disconinuation issues, since it takes me so long to finish a quilt).

In other sewing project news, I found simple directions for draft stoppers. I picked out fabrics that I think people in my family would like and I sewed them all in very little time. Right now, they are all sewn, tongues and eyes added, waiting to be filled. I'm using rice. I have one partially filled and I like the way the rice feels and weighs. I'll post a picture when they're all finished. Presently, they have taken up residence on the back of the living room chair. The boys like to play with them, too.

Well, I'm off to search for more projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home