Empty Elizabeth

In front of something, yet still behind...

Friday, December 30, 2005

Fat Quarter Friday

Today was a wonderful day for errands:
  1. Dropped wedding band off at a jeweler's to have the prongs tightened.
  2. Stopped by store to use 15$ off coupon. Sweet!
  3. Took SM to the doctor for his 18 month check-up. He is big, tall and healthy. He has always been on the top of the charts since he was a baby, but his weight is now down in the 45th percentile (25 lbs.). His height is still up there at 33 3/4 inches (90th percentile). Bad part was: he had two shots. SE was there, and comforted him by saying sweet words.
  4. Went to my favorite quilt shop to take advantage of their "Fifth Friday Fat Quarter Frenzy". All fat quarters were 1$ (as opposed to 2.25$ normally). You had to buy them in lots of 10, so I found 20 that I liked. I'm totally going next time they do this sale because all their fabrics are the excellent quality ones. They usually run from about 8.25$ a yard and up, so this was quite the excellent deal.
  5. After that, we hit the grocery store since we are in dire need of food. Milk was top of the list and then came fruit. I went to the nice little Sendiks near our house. They had the best produce. I was able to find raspberries, cherries, blackberries, and great-looking grapes. I also picked up some champagne, because tomorrow is New Year's Eve (in case you forgot!).
  6. After we got home, I cleaned up the joint a little. At least the living room is clean now!
  7. Was excited to see my shoes and sandals had arrived. The shoes were a half size too big, but I am send them back to whence I got them for a free exchange.
  8. Then I drove to work in the crummy rain/sleet.
  9. Ahh, now I am here. And between D-Dimers and protimes, I told the other Beth about that darn jeweler charging me an arm and leg to tighten the prongs on my ring! More like straight to the wallet.
  10. At least I still have my 4 yards of 20 different fabrics at home to think about!





BTW... last post's quilt has not yet been realized

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home